Screensaver CPU usage control from Client version 6. Edit
As of client version 6 it's possible to control the amount of CPU time used by the Screensaver. For that go to the My Grid → Device Manager, choose the profile [home, school, work or default], select the Custom radio button and go down to the Graphics section. The fields available with defaults are:
- When displaying graphics, render at most 7 frames per second.
- When displaying graphics, use at most 5 % of CPU.
Latter is for multi processor computers the % of 1 core.
Notably, these settings only work for the WCG projects. The website values are stored in the account_www.worldcommunitygrid.org.xml file which should not be edited! Change should be made through the website Device Profile venues and will take effect upon first client-server communication.
<project_specific> <max_frames_sec>3</max_frames_sec> <max_gfx_cpu_pct>4.0</max_gfx_cpu_pct> </project_specific>
- Screen Saver Set Up and Configuration
- Other Screensaver / Graphics Help items
- Screen saver settings after uninstalling client - security tip
To return to the Frequently Asked Questions index choose link below or top left margin!